What are dental crowns?
Crowns act and feel exactly like your natural teeth. A crown is usually placed over an existing tooth after preparing it, or over an implant to cover up the position of missing tooth. In both ways, you can achieve a beautiful and long-lasting solution to your dental problem.
What are the problems fixed using a dental crown?
A dental crown can help you in fixing some dental issues, that include:
- To protect a weak tooth because of a fracture
- To restore a fractured tooth
- To restore a tooth that has severely worn down
- To hold a cracked tooth together
- To cover a poorly shaped tooth
- To cover a tooth that has severely discolored
- To replace a large filling if there isn't enough tooth left
- Hold a dental bridge in its place
- To cover a dental implant
- For modifying any cosmetic purpose
What is a dental bridge?
A bridge is just what it sounds like - a bridge that is placed over the space left by a missing tooth, which helps in supporting on either end by the neighboring teeth. Whether fixed or removable, a bridge is considered a successful option to bring back a complete smile.
What are the advantages of bridges?
Bridges have certain advantages, such as:
- Getting a bridge would fill the gap between teeth and prevent their 'drifting'. This would prevent the teeth loosen from their sockets and result in tooth loss.
- Bridges restore the appearance and functionality of the mouth.
- Biting and chewing of food wouldn't be a problem with bridges.
- It helps to maintain the shape of the cheeks and the lips.
- They prevent the development of a bad bite as they restrict the drifting of teeth.
- They help you stay out of the embarrassment due to missing teeth.
Call us 401-861-2140 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Karkalas for a consultation at our office in 151 Waterman Street Providence, RI.